Friday, September 11, 2009

Worried

Summer is currently on a full care lease until October 1st. I'm really excited to be able to have more time with her starting then but at the same time a little scared about our financial situation. My biggest fear is having to sell her, or not being able to cover all the minimum care she requires over the next few months. I was laid off from my full time job back in April, which was a small blessing since Xavier came so early, but at the same time a burden since we lost a couple hundred dollars a month of income. We are also coming into winter which is not a good time for my hubby's work and they've already warned him that it could be a tough season. Last year he spent almost 2 months getting laid off every other week. It was fine when it was just the two of us but now we have this little baby that requires diapers and formula and plenty of other things as he gets bigger. I know Susan will still want to partial lease Summer which will help quite a bit and I'm hoping I can find a part time job to bring in a little extra income. If not maybe I will try to see if I can work out at the barn and trade for board to help lighten the financial load. Summer is due to have her teeth floated before the end of the year too so I'm going to try and put a little bit away here and there to try and pay for it. Hopefully things will work out and Summer can stay right where she's at.

No comments: